RSS

Autorzy:

SEPTEMBER 2011-SEPTEMBER 2012 BARCELONA VETERINARY FACULTY


On september 6 I arrived at my new school which was Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, faculty of Veterinary Medicine. This was my first view after leaving the train at the campus,  full of fear and hope I started classes.



My spanish was very very poor but it was not a main problem because I quickly realized that the main language spoken during classes is catalan which I obviosly didn't know (even a word).
My first weeks I spent studying languages very very hard, attending to all of the classes, translating everything from catalan into spanish and then into polish. It was really hard and a couple of times I thought I was not going to make it and I wanted to go back Poland. After first month I already spoke spanish and after another 2 I was able to have my exams in catalan, it is so incredible how fast you learn dealing with a language every day! There were so many people helping and supporting me, thank you mis compañeros :)

Any free time between theoretical and practical classes, trips to farms I was discovering Barcelona. It is an amazing city with everything it offers, one of the best places I ever been to!!!


This is a view from Park Guell, one of my favourite places, was designed by the catalan architect Antoni Gaudi and built between 1900-1914.






Arco de triunfo












This geese live freely in the Cathedra of Barcelona


Here one of my first trips- with group of friends going back from a pig farm we visited Montserrat, up in the mountains.

Here with my mum who visited me twice.











Another trip to Costa Brava


Barcelona offers you a big variety of food according to its multicultural caracter. 





































This is my faculty, just imagine every morning grazing sheep in front of it. 














 And behind it, farms belonging to the university.








Small animal clinic


During this academic year I had a lot of hours of practises, including several trips to farms. What we were trying to study was a management of the farms, sanitary protocols but at the same time we were helping with its usual duties. 


















Laboratory practise





Another farm-dairy cattle



Preparing a cow for a abomasum displacement surgery
















We were even let to suture a little bit, this is an effect...







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.